Monday, May 2, 2011

This was kind of cool

So a few years ago I illustrated a f*ck book.  It was sort of an instructional how to.  If you took the Joy of Sex and gave it a modern twist with a comic style instead of a cheesy photo approach it would be this book.  I think the book got a lot of mixed reviews and I'll be the first to admit the illustrations are not what I would I like them to have been.  Not having much to do with the book at this point I had somewhat written it off.  But recently many people directed my attention to a tweet (a twit?) by Kevin Smith.  He says something along the lines of "I'm 40 years old and I yanked it to the drawings in Sex is Fun".  Apparently he approved.  And honestly, thats good enough for me.

PS:I wonder if he caught any of the pop culture references I snuck in.  I remember the publisher made me take out a scene where He-man was getting it on with Man-at-Arms.




2 comments:

  1. I believe it's a tweet, not that I do it. He "tweeted" about your book! I saw it - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. Wouldn't it have been cool if he was like "look, this guy can sure draw a penis. I want him to draw spiderman!"

    ReplyDelete